For investing in DeFi, we need to have a decentralized wallet to Receive, Send, Swap our tokens, here we recommend Metamask as the wallet. The DeFi platforms will require the connection to the wallet, and they will only recognise the wallet that is pin to the particular window browser, here we recommend Chrome as the browser.
- In Chrome, top right corner, select Update -> More Tools -> Extensions
- In Extension, top left corner, select the Menu Icon -> Open Chrome Web Store
- Select Metamask -> Add to Chrome -> Add Extension
- In Chrome, top right, select the Extension Icon -> Pin Icon
- At Metamask page or click Metamask logo at top right side, click Get Started
- Here you can either Import Wallet which you already own, or Create a new wallet
- Follow the instructions thereafter.
- At Secret Recovery Phrase, click Reveal Secret Words
- Write down in order the 12 secret words (Seed Phrase, Mnemonics), and keep it secured. Decentralized wallet will only recognize the Mnemonics and nobody can recover your wallet if you could not input the Mnemonics. Do not reveal it to anyone or take pictures in case your phone is hacked.
- After you have written the 12 words, click Next
- Select the words in the correct order and click Confirm
- Your Metamask is created.
Follow the instructions from Create/Import and Pin Metamask Wallet to Chrome.
At Point 6, select Import Wallet -> key in the Mnemonics (Seed Phrase) of your iBG Welcome Wallet.
You can obtain the Mnemonics from your iBG Welcome Wallet -> Profile -> Backup Mnemonics -> Backup Mnemonics -> the 12 secret words at the last section
NetworkBy default, the Metamask is already in Ethereum Mainnet, you can Add other Networks such as Binance Smart Chain (BSC) into the wallet too.
Ethereum Mainnet (ETH)
- At the bottom of Assets, click import tokens -> Custom Token
- Token Contract Address: 0xf16cd087e1c2c747b2bdf6f9a5498aa400d99c24
- Add Custom Token -> Import Tokens
- iBG Token (ERC20) is added to your Metamask.
- At the bottom of Assets, click import tokens
- Key in USDT
- Select Tether USD (USDT)
- Click Next -> Import Tokens
- USDT (ERC20) is added to your Metamask.
Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
- At the top, click Ethereum Mainnet -> Add Network
- Network Name: Binance Smart Chain
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- Chain ID: 56
- Current Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
- Click Save
- Binance Smart Chain (BSC) Network is added to your Metamask.
1. At the bottom of Assets, click import tokens -> Custom Token
2. Token Contract Address: 0xf16cd087e1c2c747b2bdf6f9a5498aa400d99c24
3. Add Custom Token -> Import Tokens
4. iBG Token (BEP20) is added to your Metamask.
1. At the bottom of Assets, click import tokens
2. Token Contract Address: 0xe9e7cea3dedca5984780bafc599bd69add087d56
3. Add Custom Token -> Import Tokens
4. BUSD (BEP20) is added to your Metamask.
Farming / Staking
This guide assumes you already have $iBG. Should you need to purchase, proceed to ibg.finance to Buy iBG (ERC20 or BEP20). This guide will cover several aspects for both Ethereum Network and Binance Smart Chain.
Here are the steps with accompanying screenshots.
Step 1: Navigate to “Trade -> Liquidity” from the left menu to access https://amm.ibg.finance/#/pool which allows you to add or remove liquidity. Click on the “Add Liquidity” button to proceed.
Step 2: Liquidity must be added in equal amounts (in USD value, not in token quantity). To add liquidity for iBG-BNB, select “BNB” or for iBG-BUSD, select or add “BUSD” (Contract address: 0xe9e7cea3dedca5984780bafc599bd69add087d56) and click on “Select a currency” to add the iBG token (Contract address: 0x5c46c55A699A6359E451B2c99344138420c87261).
Step 3: Once both tokens are selected, input how much tokens you wish to contribute to liquidity. As mentioned, liquidity is added in equal amounts (in USD value), so keying in a number in either BNB or iBG will automatically calculate the paired token automatically. In this example, we have entered 50 iBG, which corresponds to 0.022779 BNB at time of writing. Once you finalize the amount of liquidity you want to add, click on “Supply” and “Confirm Supply” in the popup to continue.
Step 4: There should be a MetaMask confirmation that pops up after you click on “Confirm Supply” in the pop up. Hit “Confirm”, wait for the transaction to succeed and you will now get LP tokens and are ready to stake them.
Step 5: You may check that you have LP tokens now by visiting https://amm.ibg.finance/#/pool and looking under “Your Liquidity”. Take note that if you have already staked your LP tokens, nothing will show up here. This page only shows LP tokens that are in your wallet and not when they are staked.
There are two types of staking. One is staking just iBG tokens (often called pools or single asset staking), and the second is staking LP tokens (often called farms). With regards to LP tokens, you can stake iBG-BNB LP tokens or iBG-BUSD LP tokens. There are many, many combinations of LP tokens in the DeFi space. For purposes of this guide, we will go through iBG-BNB LP staking, but take note that for other farms or pools, the steps are essentially the same.
Step 1: Navigate to “Farming -> V2” to locate the available LP farms. Or “Staking -> V2” to locate available single asset staking pools. For this example, we are using “Farming -> V2” to stake our iBG-BNB LP tokens. Do go ahead and “Approve Contract” for the iBG-BNB farm and “Confirm” your MetaMask popup.
Step 2: Click on “Stake”.
Step 3: Enter the desired amount of LPs to stake. In this example, we are staking all of the LP tokens we have, which is 1.019331941153155522 iBG-BNB LPs. Hit “Confirm” to continue and then “Confirm” on the MetaMask popup as well.
Step 4: Once the transaction completes, you will now see that you have successfully staked your LP tokens!
Over time, your staked assets will generate some iBG rewards. You may see how much pending rewards you have by visiting https://farm.ibg.finance/farms and looking under “iBG Earned”. To harvest your rewards, you may use the following guide.
Step 1: Navigate to https://farm.ibg.finance/farms and hit “Harvest”. For this example, we currently have 0.002 iBG earned which we are going to harvest.
Step 2: “Confirm” the MetaMask popup.
Step 3: Once the transaction is complete, you have successfully harvested your rewards. What happens next is that the “iBG Earned” will reset to “0” while your staked LPs remain.
You may unstake at any time for regular farms and pools. But for LOCKED farms and pools, please take note that despite the APRs being higher, it comes with a requirement of keeping your stake locked up for a certain duration. Early withdrawals will incur a penalty on the amount you have staked. For purposes of this new user friendly guide, we will only cover the regular farms and pools. Information regarding our LOCKED farms and pools can be obtained via our Telegram group found here https://t.me/ibgfinance
Step 1: Navigate to “Farming -> V2” to locate the available LP farms. Or “Staking -> V2” to locate available single asset staking pools. For this example, we are using “Farming -> V2” and unstaking our iBG-BNB LP tokens.
Step 2: Hit the “-” (minus) button to unstake your LPs. You may hit the “+” (plus) button to add on to your current stake if you wish. Adding on is as simple as hitting the “+” (plus) button and then indicating how much you wish to add, and then confirming the transaction. For this guide, we will be covering unstaking LPs, so hit the “-” (minus) button. In the popup, we will input the amount of iBG-BNB LP tokens we wish to unstake. In this case it is 1.019331941153155522 iBG-BNB LP tokens or “Max”.
Step 3: Hit “Confirm” and proceed to the MetaMask popup and “Confirm” that too.
Step 4: Once the transaction is complete, you will see that you no longer have any LPs staked.
Should you need to remove your liquidity, you may do so by unstaking them, and navigating to “Trade -> Liquidity” and then under the “Your Liquidity” tab, hitting “Remove”.
Step 2: First “Approve” the smart contract, which enables it from removing your LPs for you and then “Sign” the MetaMask popup.
Step 3: After successful signing, use the slider to determine how much liquidity you wish to remove. After which, you hit the now clickable “Remove” followed by “Confirm” in the pop up and then “Confirm” in the MetaMask pop up to break apart (remove) your LP tokens back into your iBG and BNB.
Step 4: Your liquidity is removed and you will no longer hold any LP tokens.